Open position for a Junior Project Manager
The Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry research groups of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation are looking to recruit a capable, motivated and enthusiastic junior project manager willing to develop their professional managerial career.
The research groups work at the leading edge of research in their respective fields and enjoy the possibility to collaborate with colleagues across wide National and International networks. The two research group comprise some 50 staff currently working on, approximately, 40 projects supported by various National, European and International programmes, grants and funding sources.
We are seeking a recently graduated (MSc.) student who has experience preferable within the geospatial sciences for the position of:
Junior Project Manager (m/f)
- Under the guidance of current project management staff you will assist in managing the day- to-day project activities.
- You will assist in controlling project schedules and work with team members to identify and resolve project issues within a changing and demanding environment.
- You will track project status, effort and team allocations.
- Support in the creation and delivery of coherent narrative and financial reporting.
- You will be responsible for project document management.
- Candidates must have proven and demonstrable experience working in project environments.
- Preferably will have a strong scientific and technical background preferably in a geospatial domain.
- Will have financial literacy to be able to assist in forecasting and managing project budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills along with keen analytical problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the standard suite of MS office products is required.
- Fluency in both English and German; written and spoken.
- The opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic, successful team.
- Challenging tasks with increasing levels of responsibility.
- The salary for this position is € 36.621,20 gross p.a. with a duration of 3 years.
If this job opportunity fits your career development plans we are looking forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, relevant references), preferably via e-mail to Alexandra.vonBeringe@geo.tuwien.ac.at.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: Monday, 14th July 2014
The applicants are not entitled to a refund of expenses arising as a result of the selection procedure, such as costs for travel and/or accommodation.
Univ.Prof. Wolfgang Wagner
Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien)
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation (GEO)
Research Group Remote Sensing
Gußhausstraße 27-29, E 120.1, 1040 Vienna, Austria www.geo.tuwien.ac.at
Category: Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Open Positions